- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup water 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream puffs: Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add water and turn heat to medium-high and wait for mixture to boil. When mixture starts a rolling boil, remove it from heat and stir in flour mixture. Return it to low heat and continue to cook until mixture is a big dough ball. Remove from heat.
- Beat mixture with an electric mixture on a low setting for a minute, until it is no longer hot to touch. Beat in the eggs until fully combined.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray three 13 x 9 inch cooking sheets with cooking spray. Then, spoon out pastry into small bite-sized spheres, keeping dough about 2 inches apart so they don’t rise into one another. Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Then, shut off oven and open oven door, letting the puffs cool slowly. While they are cooling, make filling.
- Filling: Beat together heavy whipping cream and sugar until hard peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, season pumpkin with pumpkin pie spices. Gently fold the pumpkin into whipping cream, careful to only just incorporate.
- Place one puff on the bottom (top side down) followed by a scoop of cream and then another puff on top. Repeat until all the puffs are made. Serve immediately or store pumpkin whipped cream in a container in the refrigerator and place puffs in a bag. Assemble before your ready to eat.