Roasted Pineapple Tarts
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4 small tarts
- 1/2 pineapple cleaned and the core removed
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 4 tart dishes with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple half into slices and then cut slices into quarters.
- Arrange cut pineapple pieces in bottom of tart dish. Sprinkle each tart with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Roast pineapple in oven for 10 minutes. While pineapple is roasting, cut puff pastry into circles that are large enough to just cover tart pans.
- When pineapple is done roasting, raise oven temperature to 400°F.
- Place a puff pastry circle on each tart pan and return to oven. Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then flip tarts over and lift off tart pans. Serve warm.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: sarah boshaw :: kaye g :: cheryl58 :: Nicole :: Sheryl H :: betty :: Carolyn W :: Kim :: AllisonM :: claudia a :: ingrid s :: Kristin A :: mr :: Deborah E :: karla m :: becky :: Toni :: Tameka Whiteside :: K'Leigh J. :: sweet Linda