Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:14 to 0:18
5 - 6 pies
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cherries and sugar to a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium. Using a wooden spoon cut cherries in half or quarters if really large and stir. Cook for about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool while working with pie dough.
- If using store bought pie crust, unroll the pie crust and fold in half twice. Cut dough in half and roll out to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a 4 1/2 inch heart cookie cutter (or your favorite cookie cutter) cut out heart shape.
- Arrange 5-6 heart shapes on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using your fingers, brush egg wash along the outside edges of each heart. Then, add about 1 tablespoon of the cherry filling (trying to use as little of the cherry juice as possible) to heart shaped dough. Repeat for each heart.
- Next, take remaining hearts and place on top of filled hearts. Using your fingers, press edges to seal. Using end of a fork, press into the edges of hearts. Brush egg wash on top of each heart and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Julie Deily @TheLittleKitchen.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: candace horn :: Big Baby :: Yvonne :: agapita d :: Mimi :: Willie Cheatham :: tiffany b :: JRSSKKSMITTY :: Alison P :: Alegra Spinn :: Vivian M :: m2r :: beaufordk :: Chef Tici :: Anne :: Charolette Ragsdale :: Idalia S :: Sandee :: bbbh :: danika yumms