Apple Pie Filling
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 14 cups peeled and sliced apples cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup clear gel
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- Prepare canner and sterilize 4-quart size jars and lids; keep warm until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and blanch apple slices for 1-2 minutes. Drain and keep fruit warm in a covered bowl.
- Combine sugar, clear gel, and pumpkin pie spice in a large pot. Add water and apple juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Add bottled lemon juice and cook for 30 second more.
- Remove from heat and stir blanched apples into mixture and stir to evenly combine and coat apples.
- Immediately ladle apples into jars, leaving 1-inch of headspace. Remove air bubbles (as best you can) with a chop stick or long knife. Wire rims and cover jars with lids and ring bands. Tighten to just fingertip tight.
- Process apple pie mixture in water bath for 25 minutes. Carefully remove jars from pot and let sit on a dishcloth on the counter to cool completely before storing for up to 1 year in a dark, cool spot.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: clyde m :: nafi meercat :: Darla :: Bethany H :: Helene L :: sjwillisuk :: jerry :: Dazeechild :: joanlj :: Dolly F :: jjtdark :: trace :: Linda W :: Alioop700 :: Brenda Hager :: Mary :: Chantal :: Teresa :: debbie :: Jackie M