- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted margarine or butter
- 1 deep pie shell or 2 regular pie shells - I like the regular ones
- Beat eggs well add sugar Karo syrup, salt, nuts, vanilla and butter or margarine in pot cook over medium heat just until sugar has melted.
- You do not want it to burn so watch carefully it will just be warm. You do not want it hot.
- Pour into pie shells and bake at 325°F until pie puffs up in middle and it will be done. It should be a golden brown; it could take a little longer to bake until center cracks open.
This Mama’s Pecan Pie recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.