Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Candied Pecans
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:55 to 1:05
One 9-inch pie
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a 9-inch deep dish pure butter crust or use store bought. Set aside.
- On lowest speed blend cream cheese and first listed sugar. Once well combined and no lumps remain add egg and vanilla. Pour into pie shell and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until no strings remain. Add pumpkin, second listed sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Once well combined add half and half.
- Slowly drizzle filling over the cream cheese layer to ensure that layers will remain intact and no marbleizing will occur. Depending on actual depth of pie shell, not all filling may fit. If so, place any filling in a ramekin and bake as an individual dessert.
- Place in oven and after 15 minutes reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake pie until it no longer trembles in center, about 55-65 minutes total.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour before placing in refrigerator.
- When completely cold spread Crème Chantilly over surface.
- For easy serving, place candied pecan pieces on pie after cutting.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Chef Eddy :: lannette :: kchargy :: Laura :: Dawn :: Dorene W :: Charlotte :: Louise J :: honeysmith :: Beth M :: Sandra Christine L :: Jody :: rickcfl1 :: Sean A :: AMcMahon :: Lady Parker :: Stacy L :: Kelli Harris :: Meme Nana :: Donny P