- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats, ground
- 1 cup old fashioned molasses cookie crumbs (about 6 large cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 containers (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons light vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sweet Potato Filling:
- 15 ounces canned yams/sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tub low-fat whipped topping, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 11 inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press in bottom and up side of pan. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Reserve 2/3 cup cream cheese filling; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix sweet potato filling ingredients. Add to remaining cream cheese filling; mix well. Spoon into crust. Spoon dollops of reserved cream cheese filling randomly over sweet potato filling. Swirl with knife to marble mixtures.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes. Remove side of pan. Serve warm, or cool 1 hour and refrigerate until serving time.
This Sweet Potato and Cream Cheese Tart recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.