Crust: Can be purchased or homemade Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, very cold or frozen
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or ice water
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, in cubes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, very cold
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Homemade piecrust: Place flour and salt in a large bowl. On smaller “eyes” of a box grater, grate very cold butter directly into flour.
- Combine buttermilk or water with sugar and add to flour mixture. Press with your hands quickly into a ball. Press into a 3-4 inch round and place in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare filling. Place blueberries and juice in a bowl. Sift or whisk together sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and salt.
- Add to blueberries along with butter. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare streusel topping. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Using box grater, grate butter on small "eyes" of grater directly into dry ingredients. Rub mixture between hands until crumbly and looks like wet sand. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll chilled pie, just large enough to cover pie tin. Place in tin and cut away extra dough.
- Scoop pie filling into pie. Cover with streusel.
- Place on lower rack of oven with aluminum foil sheet underneath pie to catch drippings.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then reduce oven to 350°F and bake until pie fillings makes thick bubbles like honey.
- If desired serve with Crème Chantilly or ice cream.