Graveyard Chocolate Pie
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 hours
One 9-inch pie
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, preferable dark cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bag gummy worms
- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 1 bag rectangular cookies, such as Nabisco or Pepperidge Farm
- In a saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch, flour and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in milk, egg yolks, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk mixture constantly over medium heat to a full boil.
- When mixture bubbles and is thick, remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour in Oreo pie crust shell. Place in refrigerator and let cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Crush Oreo cookies into small pieces and use to decorate pie.
- Then, sprinkle on top gummy worms to make graveyard design.
- Place a few of the rectangular cookies in pie to resemble head stones.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
So simple and easy to make, kids of all ages will think this Chocolate Graveyard Pie is spooktacular!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sweet Abby :: CEAdams625 :: Jax's Chef Mommy :: Chef V :: Tisha Hinojosa :: daisyRN :: keshunna r :: McNeeley :: Johnc1272 :: lindar :: Patsy K :: Lawton gal :: Crazy Cook :: ryan k :: Sarah P :: Shelby :: Elizabeth :: Brissa C :: jay :: Btrfly