Janie’s Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9-inch pie
- 4 evenly cubed sweet potatoes (about 2 regular sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- Crème Chantilly
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil cubed sweet potatoes in non salted water until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Transfer to blender or food processor and mix until very smooth. Measure exactly 2 cups of puree and transfer to bowl.
- Add evaporated milk, brown sugar and butter and whisk smooth. Whisk in eggs, spices and salt,
- Place pie shell on a cookie sheet and pour filling into pie shell. Place in oven for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350°F. Bake until pie no longer trembles in center and is set, about an additional 30 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with creme chantilly if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This recipe is featured on our Dark Brown Sugar packaging.
From the Kitchen of:
Janie R., Austin, Texas
Submitted by KASE-FM
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Caroline :: Jean J :: KL1680 :: llj :: Reta Alvis :: liz :: Joseph & Amanda Smith :: Chef Ulliowl :: cori :: Bailey Cunningham :: candy kiss :: Loristar2 :: Elizabeth S :: Nelda M :: Courtney :: mouse :: apiney :: DebbieM :: claudia a :: Daisy