Lemon Meringue Pie
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:12 to 0:15
One 9-inch pie
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8-inch pie shell, baked
- 3 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat first listed sugar with water and butter until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add cornstarch blended with cold water and 6 tablespoons of lemon juice to sugar mixture, stirring until it boils. Lower heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until thick.
- Add egg yolks beaten with milk and bring to a boil. Then, cool.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy. Add 6 teaspoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to egg whites and beat slightly just until mixed.
- Fill cooked pie shell with lemon filling and top with egg white meringue. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
For an extra tart result, increase the lemon juice to a total of 8 tablespoons.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: corvol :: Deana D :: Ironbutt :: Deena V :: lori :: BakerRuth :: Angela P :: Rebecca Mann :: Chef Trisha :: Gwen :: Lioko Chang :: mrta :: dina :: Debbie F :: Sue :: Penny M :: wholynnelf :: plowe :: felicia :: Deb Piriczky