Tropical Breeze Pie
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or more
One 9-inch pie
- One 9-inch pie shell
- 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice or syrup well drained or fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated zest of 1 lemon or lime, no white bitter pith part
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 cup heavy cream (preferred) or whipped topping
- Fresh sweet pineapple for garnish
Whipped cream / Crème Chantilly
- 1/2 cup heavy cream-very cold
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cream cheese and sugar on low speed until very well blended. Scrape bowl well.
- Add drained pineapple, citrus juice, citrus zest and coconut.
- In a separate bowl whip heavy cream if using until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream or whipped topping into cheese mixture. Do not over-fold. Spread into pie shell and place in refrigerator for at least 2 1/2 hours or until set. For whipped cream-crème Chantilly, use a cold bowl and whip together cream, sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form. Decorate pie with whipped cream and thin sliced fresh sweet pineapple and grated lime zest.
- Sprinkle with confectioners powdered sugar.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Tymra B :: Patti P :: nieceyd62 :: Lydia O :: Maryjoy h :: Mrs.Kelley :: JOYCE P :: Rachel O :: Cook Laurie :: mktad91 :: Sharon S :: jeanna73 :: madora :: Kharris :: MELINDA M :: ShayShay :: Thema F :: kendall field :: Tracy W :: Laura C