Browned Butter Bourbon Butterscotch Pudding
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Chill 3 hours
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2/3 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- In a large bowl combine heavy cream, milk, vanilla, bourbon and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg yolks and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside as well.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter and continue cooking until butter becomes golden brown, swirling pan consistently, so butter doesn’t burn. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Continue cooking until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Slowly add in cream mixture, whisking consistently. As cream heats, sugar will melt. Cook mixture stirring frequently for about 5 minutes over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in egg yolk mixture until all is combined, whisking quickly and consistently.
- Return mixture back to medium heat and whisk consistently for about 5 minutes until pudding thickens. Mixture might seem to produce small lumps, but just continue whisking.
- When mixture is thickened, transfer to a blender and pulse mixture briefly until smooth.
- Pour pudding into individual ramekins and chill until set, about 3 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: noorani Wali :: Hilda Garza :: Mel M :: Houston Girl :: N N :: AJ :: Floralls :: AnGeL :: Anitza :: Jannie :: Angiemll :: reggiej :: Ashley F :: Amy :: Carol N :: Mamie Jefferson :: Linda W :: LORI P :: Danyele Turner :: Taira A Cangro