Cheesy Bread Pudding Baked in a Pumpkin
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 to 8 servings
- 1 fresh pumpkin (about 7 lbs)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French Baguette, sliced and lightly toasted
- 1 cup grated Gruyere
- 1 cup grated white cheddar
- Remove stem from small pumpkin (about 7 pounds).
- Cut a lid on top of pumpkin – like making a jack-o-lantern. Remove all pulp and seeds from inside leaving all the flesh.
- Whisk together chicken broth, cream, nutmeg, sugar, salt and pepper. Put a layer of bread in bottom of pumpkin, followed by a handful of cheese and a half cup of stock/cream mixture and then repeat until full. If you cannot use all bread or cheese, that is fine - but use all of liquid mixture. Place filled pumpkin in an oiled roasting pan. Brush pumpkin with a little olive oil and place in a 450 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Serve by scooping out some of cooked pumpkin with cheesy bread filling.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
First Place Winner in Dixie Crystals 2012 Homemade Holidays Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mm :: brenda m :: Erin Leigh Vargas :: Sandra :: Ardis C :: lori s :: Rgarcia :: kareng :: Melanie S :: John :: Paula T :: Bre :: Karen :: Jonnie :: ERINBOTT :: fardowsa s :: Beth H :: lucy m :: M.Bernhardt :: Joanne