Chocolate Crème Brulee
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:20
Chill/Stand time 4 to 6 hours
4 - 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place 4 ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Bring cream, sugar and extract(s) to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve all sugar. Once at simmer, remove from heat.
- To temper yolks, place egg yolks in a large bowl, and slowly whisk in hot cream mixture a little at a time, until all of cream has been incorporated. Whisk until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips, and let rest for about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir until mixture is uniform.
- Pour mixture into ramekins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until centers are just set. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature, then place in refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, remove from refrigerator and top with sugar. Place ramekins under oven broiler to caramelize, or, use a kitchen torch for the same results.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: dhaile3 :: Patty :: Gabby Solix :: Rebekah B :: ROBIN R :: Bran F :: nanaberta :: Aj :: Ladyhildy :: Jammermom :: zehra qadri :: mc :: Latryl B :: Linda Telford :: Devendra S :: Robbie :: Nancy Wallace :: Barbie V :: Karen G :: Rowena E