Double Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:45 to 0:55
12 - 14 servings
- 8 standard size 1-2 day old croissants
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup well-packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup rum, brandy or cognac
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Set aside a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Cut croissants crosswise in 10 slices and place in pan until they reach or slightly emerge over edge.
- In a saucepan heat milk and both sugars until it reaches approximately same temperature as hot faucet water. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until completely free of strings. Add heated milk and whipping cream. Add cinnamon, vanilla and desired amount of liquor. Lesser amount will be subtle while larger amount will be more profound.
- Scatter chocolate chips over croissant pieces and move around so they are evenly distributed.
- Using a ladle pour filling onto croissant pieces ensuring that all pieces are completely submerged.
- Place in oven and bake until center of bread pudding feels spongy and is set, about 50 minutes. Time will depend on thickness and material of baking dish.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with chocolate sauce.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lynne S :: Smiles :: LilBit0117 :: Karen J palmer :: Christy Vineyard :: freebielvr :: Nicole :: Carolyn :: Elvitta :: Lynda :: Beth Bezio :: parrotbarb :: mary :: oralia b :: Brenda W :: Michelle :: Jodi :: Cindy W :: Jennifer W :: bokbok