Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:50 to 0:60
- 1 – 14 oz can coconut milk, not low fat and not from a carton
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (preferably unsweetened)
- Diced pineapple or mango, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and add sugar. Whisk immediately and rapidly until smooth and well combined. While whisking gradually add coconut milk. Add vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Set 4 ramekins, porcelain or thick glasses into a roasting pan. Pour the coconut mixture into the ramekins. Pour water into the roasting pan until it comes 3/4 up the sides of the ramekins. Place in the oven and bake until the center of the creams no longer tremble. About 50 to 60 minutes, time will depend on depth of the ramekins used.
- When cool enough to handle remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Toast coconut under broiler for just a few minutes until golden. Sprinkle onto the creams and serve. If desired add pineapple and or mango.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Nancy :: Lisa :: Kay :: Lisa Robbins :: Cassandra Polk :: Deborah S :: Brant W :: Egrrph :: DAWNA :: Chef Imp :: Cook :: elaine w :: Marian Hoot :: Julesy :: Beth H :: katibee :: Bev Copeland :: Mrs. Sweetstuff :: Hope F :: Donna W