Light Crockpot Chocolate Bread Pudding
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 multi-grain baguette, cubed to make 8 cups
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup prune puree or prune baby food
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Cinnamon Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place cubed bread into a greased or buttered slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites lightly. Whisk in almond milk, prune puree, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended. Pour over bread and toss. Toss in chocolate chips.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove crock from slow cooker (if possible), and let bread pudding cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, stir together Greek yogurt and cinnamon.
- Spoon bread pudding into individual cups. Top with a dollop of cinnamon Greek yogurt (or ice cream).
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: rylee :: JOdi H :: Mary Beth Elderton :: Blott09 :: zarahi garcia :: Dean T :: CJC :: Nikita Handy :: yc :: Donna W :: Krista :: Brian W :: Deb1010 :: Doreen E :: Darlene B :: Clara M :: Mama D :: Precious :: Brenda L :: Kimberly