Prep time :
About 8 servings
- Crumble one cookie in each glass/bowl and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream in a cold bowl to a very soft peak which is still pourable. (Do not whip to stiff peaks.) Set aside.
- In a non-reactive saucepan bring lime juice to a full boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile combine gelatin with water. After 2-3 minutes add to above and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Select a saucepan and bowl which fit well together and where the bowl does not hang over the saucepan. Fill the saucepan with one inch of water and bring to boil, turn to a low simmer. In this bowl whisk together egg whites and sugar. Place the bowl over the simmering water and whisk constantly until the mixture reaches 165°F. Remove from heat. (At this temperature egg whites are food safe.)
- Using a hand whisk or machine whisk until a thick meringue is obtained and is still lukewarm. Pour lime-gelatin mixture into meringue and fold delicately.
- When completely combined fold in whipping cream. Do not overfold as this makes the mixture curdle.
- Spoon over crumbled cookies and place in a refrigerator.
- To make chocolate curls place the chocolate in a microwave for just a second or two. The chocolate needs to be still firm, but it cannot be too cold.
- Using a vegetable peeler scrape chocolate bar on the side to obtain curls. If the curls break to easily place the bar back in the microwave for a second or two more.
- Sprinkle the mousse with lime zest and decorate with chocolate curls.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
QUICK TIP: To shorten preparation time, any type of store-bought crumbly cookie can be used in the place of our Zesty Lemon Cookies.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Christel Cortez :: cwil :: kbrown :: Brian :: Meagan j :: Robyn Bellard :: michele s :: Coupon Clipping Dad :: Sam :: Shaunna Bailey :: brelaw92 :: Jessica :: Teresa flesch :: Stormywitch :: Patricia Cameron :: MW :: wendywomble :: Margaret Vohs :: Paula G :: cindy l