Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups fat free evaporated milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- Sponge cake (or pound cake or angel food cake) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Custard: In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup of 2% milk; stir well. In top part of double boiler mix eggs, sugar and remainder of milk. Next add cornstarch mixture.
- Heat over boiling water until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and bourbon. Allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream, 4 tablespoons sugar and 3 tablespoons bourbon until stiff.
- Line bottom of a large crystal bowl with cake cubes. Cover with 1/3 of cooled custard. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped pecans over custard. Next add a layer of whipped cream. Continue layering ingredients in the same order, ending with whipped cream on top.
- Garnish the top with additional whole or chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Makes 12 with generous servings. You could also divide into individual servings using ramekins, mugs, or wine glasses.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jennifer S :: TXCleggy :: Jennifer :: angelamarie :: press :: Matthew T :: Robyn Filler :: Chef Mango :: Betty :: Stacey :: sandra90 :: Tammy W :: Shannon H :: Entrepreneur. :: connie w :: cdhollow :: Lori D :: Awhitaker :: Debbie K :: traceyj