Pomegranate Tea and Summer Berry Terrine
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate 3 hours
One 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, about 10 servings
- 3 cups water
- 8 pomegranate tea bags
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Cooking spray
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- In a non reactive saucepan bring first listed water to a boil and remove from heat. Add tea bags and steep for 4 minutes. Discard teabags and whisk in sugar.
- Combine gelatin with cold water, let sit for 5 minutes and whisk into tea mixture. Set aside.
- Spray a thin layer of cooking spray into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Scatter a layer of fruit on bottom of mold. Allow gelatin-tea mixture to cool down to room temperature. (You can place the bowl into an ice cube filled bowl for a few minutes to speed up the process.)
- Pour a layer of gelatin mixture into mold covering fruit. Allow to set. Cover with another layer of fruit and repeat with gelatin. Repeat again. If gelatin mixture has set in saucepan, heat it a little to make it runny again.
- Place in refrigerator until it has set, about 3 hours.
- Place loaf pan in a bowl filled with warm water for a few minutes or until it has loosened from the sides. Unmold on a serving tray and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: CARMELLA V :: Debbie :: beetlebinder :: Althea H :: Riroan :: Debra H :: Vera Richard :: Ms Michelle :: YOLANDA LOPEZ :: Mi-Chelle C :: Buttonnose :: GiGi's Sweets :: ChefReb :: Jeffrey S :: wendymoore :: Justjo :: cemanuel :: Donna Jaworski :: Sheila Runyon :: Sarah Misner