- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- Divided: 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups prepared mousse
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, as needed
- 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- Chocolate Shavings, as garnish, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat. While it melts, whisk sugar, milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Once chocolate is melted, add sugar/egg mixture. Stir constantly until smooth and thickened, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter on medium speed until fluffy, then add half of confectioners sugar and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to butter and beat well. Leave in mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites and salt to stiff peaks. Gradually add in remaining confectioners sugar.
- Fold egg white meringue into chocolate mixture, then add vanilla. Place mixture in refrigerator to cool for one hour or more.
Line 8 dessert glasses in a row in assembly line fashion. Spoon graham crumbs evenly into each glass.
Mix marshmallows into container of mousse; top the graham with the mousse. Add a spoonful of syrup to the top of mousse, then pipe or spoon a dollop of whipped cream to top of glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.