Tiramisu with Biscoff (Speculoos) Cookies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 - 8 servings
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Biscoff style (Speculoos) cookies need to be baked and ready before starting with tiramisu cream. Set aside 6-8 serving glasses to serve tiramisu.
- In a cold bowl whisk heavy cream to thick and mousse like consistency but still pourable. Absolutely do not whip to a peak! Set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with a small amount of water and bring to a boil and then turn to a low simmer. In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and water. Add sugar and whisk well. Place the bowl over the simmering water and whisk constantly until the yolk mixture reaches at least 165°F (74°C). Remove from heat.
- Add mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract and whisk smooth.
- Add soft whipped heavy cream and gently fold into above using a spatula.
- Crush speculoos cookies into bite size pieces and sprinkle a generous layer on bottom of glass. Fill mascarpone cream into the glass nearly halfway.
- Sprinkle a second layer of crushed speculoos and cover with remaining mascarpone cream.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to firm.
- Decorate with additional speculoos and perhaps chocolate decoration and cocoa powder.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Food lover :: Liz :: Lolene C :: cherie :: Mimi :: C Letien :: Shirley H :: tsheatk :: miriam h :: Katie Winter :: Tammym :: Mary Ann Hart :: garry sayers :: Mary A :: RomyJo :: Donya m lofton :: Dkg :: MaeganHearon :: little70422 :: sandy