Watermelon and Mint Panna Cotta Parfait
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight
- Few slices of watermelon
- 1/4 of a large watermelon, de-seeded
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint blueberries
- Set aside 8 glasses or bowls on a serving platter.
- Reserve a few slices of watermelon for garnish. Cut remaining part in pieces and either use a juicer to extract juice from water melon or blend in a blender. If using a blender, strain puree/juice thru a very fine sieve.
- Measure 2 cups of juice. Place any leftover amount in a refrigerator to mix with water for drinking etc.
- Pour 1/2 cup of watermelon juice into a microwave oven proof bowl. Stir in gelatin and sugar and set aside for 5 minutes. Place in microwave oven for 30-40 seconds or until it is warm as bath water. Stir to properly dissolve gelatin and sugar.
- Pour in remaining watermelon juice and stir to combine. Pour a layer of mixture into glasses. Place platter in refrigerator. Wait a minimum of two hours or up to overnight before starting on panna cotta.
- Bring to simmer, milk and sugar. Remove from heat.
- Mix gelatin and water and wait 5 minutes. Add to heated milk mixture and stir to combine well.
- Pour in mint and heavy cream and stir. When mixture feels cool to the touch pour gently over watermelon. Return to refrigerator. After about one hour chilling the desserts can be garnished with fresh fruits.
- Cut slices of watermelon using a star cutter and place on skewers or lollipop sticks.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: chefvee :: Sagrero93 :: sheri :: Mel S :: AlliB :: Jean B :: LJB :: Linda :: kenlly :: Anastasia Spruill :: Debbie S :: Brenda :: kyle g :: Brenda Morgan :: Joanna Santacruz :: Tenna W :: Mary H :: Karen J :: Rebecca Reyes :: Nancy