Chef Eddy’s Bread Pudding
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 x 13-inch baking pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups white bread cut in large cubes (French bread works well)
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 3/4 cup cognac or brandy (if not using one less egg)
- Optional: Crème Chantilly
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and brush bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch deep baking dish. Add bread cubes.
- Heat milk and brown sugar until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs and vigorously whisk in granulated sugar. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract and cognac. Slowly pour in heated milk and whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish covering bread cubes. Using a fork press bread cubes down until completely moist.
- Place in oven for about 45 minutes or until the center springs back when tapped.
- Top with Crème Chantilly if desired.
- Serve warm. Bread pudding is easily reheated in microwave oven.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Cupcakes & Coffee :: shays mom :: garry c :: April H :: Maddiemae60571 :: Patricia C :: Carla S :: Ana Maria Manrique :: Lindsay C :: Revjoy :: Nona F :: Analissa C :: SueC :: Mary :: MELISSA FERNANDO :: Rick :: Sandy P :: Chef Sue :: DisneyMOM :: Linda Lilly