Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9-inch baking dish
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Making caramel for a flan is essential. Caramel can cause severe burns so work in a focused manner with nothing to distract you.
- First make caramel by placing sugar into a small to medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and continuously stir sugar using a wooden spoon. The sugar will first become lumpy before it completely melts and has turned into caramel. This will take about 10 -15 minutes. Any small caramel lumps will melt away in the oven.
- Pour caramel into 9-inch glass baking dish. Carefully swirl around to evenly coat bottom of the pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until well blended. Add both milks and vanilla extract. Pour flan mixture onto caramel. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place dish onto a cookie sheet and pour hot water into cookie sheet, 3/4 full. This creates a water bath which is essential to obtain a smooth flan.
- Place in oven and bake until the center of flan no longer trembles and is set, about 80 minutes.
- Once flan is thoroughly cooled turn it upside down onto a serving dish.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: itsmymom :: Deborah S :: Lisak :: jackie s :: Jeff H :: fastgazelle :: Martha :: Sharon I :: simone :: Angela W :: SweetieSanno :: Jackie :: Michelle N :: Maribel Montes de Oca :: MariceB :: Keisha S :: Minnie :: Slingshot :: suricakes :: Tracichris