- 5 slices raisin bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Extra raisins, if desired
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
You will also need: a knife, medium bowl, whisk and 1-quart baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter a 1 quart baking dish.
- Cut raisin bread in narrow strips, about 1 inch wide, and dip them in melted butter. Place and stack bread strips in baking dish and sprinkle with extra raisins.
- Put all other ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over bread.
- Bake abut 30 minutes or until top is browned and puffed. Serve cold or warm with powdered sugar or whipped cream.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Level of Difficulty: Easy
If you have leftover fruit cocktail in the refrigerator, drain it and put fruit in dish with raisin bread before adding milk-egg mixture. Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!