Coconut Rice with Fresh Mangos
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 - 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Sticky Rice, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 mango, chopped
- To prepare rice: Wrap drained sticky rice in cheesecloth and place in a steamer for 30 minutes or more, until grains are soft. While rice is steaming, bring the coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla in a sauce pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- When rice is steamed, place in a mixing bowl with coconut mixture and stir gently until well combined. Cover and allow to rest 15-20 minutes.
- To prepare coconut topping: Combine coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Meanwhile, combine flour with a teaspoon of water and stir to dissolve flour. Slowly add slurry to simmering coconut milk mixture, making sure to continue stirring. Return to a boil and immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- When ready to serve, place rice on a plate and arrange pieces of mango around and pour coconut topping over.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for IImperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Maggie :: rhonda miller :: Christine C :: phyllisnaomi :: RAQUEL R :: Heather T :: turk1668 :: michelle :: techno777 :: Peg :: jimbo :: Linda D :: thomcy :: Jamie C :: pamela z :: CourtneyPeters :: BEN Y :: Chef Greg :: Ashley U :: Duong N