Apple Caramel Flautas
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:17 to 0:18
6 apple flautas
- 4 Granny Smith apples at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel apples. Cut each in quarters, remove core. Cut each quarters lengthwise in 4 slices. Cut each slice crosswise in 5.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and water and stir to a boil. Once boiling stop stirring and bring to a golden caramel color. Add butter and stir to combine. Be careful as caramel can cause severe burns.
- Add all apple pieces. Caramel will clump onto apple pieces which is normal. Keep stirring on medium heat until all caramel has melted and apples are fork tender. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and cinnamon.
- Fill each tortilla in center with 1/6 of apple filling. Roll and place seam side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush tortillas surface with a thin layer of water. Sprinkle evenly with some granulated sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until flautas start to become light golden, about 17-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile make sauce by bringing to a boil butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and salt. Boil for 3 minutes while stirring with a heat resistant spatula. Serve sauce with warm apple flautas.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Mario :: erica pratte :: Carrie :: Lynnie :: ThuyTo :: Tabatha B :: Amanda Smith :: agena78 :: Cashmere32 :: Leslie W :: Debbie B :: Annie :: Judy M :: Deb Bartels :: Opera babe :: AnGeL :: Sandy :: david :: Sabine :: emilyanne