Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:30 to 0:35
- 1 small-medium pumpkin (about 5 lbs)
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 (1/2 stick) cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut pumpkin in half; remove stringy flesh and seeds. Cut pumpkin into 1-inch cubes (may remove skin or leave on). Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 uncovered minutes or until tender.
- Remove pumpkin with a slotted spoon reserving water.
- Measure 1-1/2 cups pumpkin water into saucepan. Add brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add back pumpkin; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Serve pumpkin with milk or cream, if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rose Huff :: kimberly s :: flychick :: Susan Beadle :: Andi R :: LauraMay :: mamabear120 :: Carol N :: Taylor Fry :: NINA BERRY :: Sugar :: jennifer :: mkeefe :: Lupita :: BiancaDaniels1983 :: Nikki :: Debbie T :: christy c :: Kristen :: Tina