Apple Enchilada Dessert with Caramel Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:25
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 6-8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add apples; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Spoon fruit evenly down center of tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and walnuts.
- To prepare caramel sauce: Combine whipping cream, butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Pour half caramel sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot. Serve with remaining caramel sauce and ice cream, if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: My Sweetie Pie :: leelee g :: wnsfee :: Marilyn :: sarah :: cookingQween :: Virgie E :: farzam ahmed :: Shauna G :: Mailyn S :: Connie C :: DWilson :: BThompson :: John G :: lucy v :: Ron :: Kelly U :: sasha r :: Peggy P :: Janet m