- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and grease sides and bottom.
- Stir together oats, oat flour, cherries and almonds in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, almond butter and coconut oil on low heat until all are melted and combined. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg white, vanilla and almond extracts. Pour this mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Using foil, lift bars out of pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into bars or squares.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.