Back Packer Fruit Treats
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2:30 to 3:00
About 4 servings
- 2 medium apples, pared and chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- You will also need: saucepan with lid, chopping knife, paring knife, mixing spoon, measuring cups and spoons, blender or food processor, cookie sheets, spatula, wire cooling rack and wax paper
- Wash, cut cores out and chop apples. Cook apples, cranberries and water in a covered saucepan over medium heat until apples are softened for about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Process smooth in a blender or food processor. Spread in 4 circles, 1/8 inch thick on 2 greased cookie sheets.
- Dry in oven at 150°F degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Lift edges with spatula and refrigerate to cool. Store rolled between sheets of waxed paper.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Great for an afternoon snack! Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: kathegoodwin :: Lisa R T :: Stephanie :: ValerieC :: lwright63 :: Kasey :: Patricia K :: lorider2 :: Kristen :: April :: April F :: linda m :: Courtney C :: AprilC :: D Duffee :: mary :: Tama L :: Flutterby7 :: TS :: Bridgett G