Meringue Christmas Trees
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or with a silicone baking sheet.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and almond extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar, while whisking. Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer egg mixture to a piping bag with a star tip attached.
- Pipe into Christmas tree shapes. Top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then turn off oven. Let sit for 15 more minutes and then remove form oven and allow to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Christine C :: Jayden8612 :: Angela S :: Carsonmarion :: rebecca lynn :: nana :: april c :: Kathy :: vergie leann :: Nickie H. :: Rosselle :: Sally F :: lou s :: Shilo :: Dannin :: cstearns :: lwhited :: rookay :: RayR :: MaryChica