- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- strawberries, sliced in half
- chocolate chips
- red candy coated chocolates
- whipped cream (aerosol can)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and whisk until just combined, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter and cook until bubbles form around sides. Flip and cook until cooked through.
- Place pancake on plate. Arrange strawberries on top of pancake for Santa’s hat. Add chocolate chips for eyes, red candy for nose, and spray whipped cream to make Santa’s beard.