Easter Bunny Rice Krispie Treats
Prep time :
6 bunny treats
- Rice Krispies® Treats (6 homemade or 12 store-bought)
- 6 white candy melts
- 12 candy eyes
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- Pink colored sugar
- 6 pink candy wafers/large round sprinkles
- 24 long chocolate sprinkles
- Royal Icing
- Prepare Royal Icing and load into a piping bag or squeeze bottle. Choose an icing tip with a small opening.
- Cut the marshmallow treats into circles with a cookie cutter. (If using store-bought Rice Krispies® Treats, place two bars side-by-side to be large enough to cut circle.)
- Using scissors, trim the point off of the white candy melt. Attempt to make it as flat as possible.
- Press the white candy melt (cut side down) onto round Rice Krispies® Treat until the bottom of the candy melt sits flush with the top of the treat. Lift the candy melt up and place a small drop of Royal Icing in the indention and replace the candy melt.
- On top of the white candy melt, use a small dot of Royal Icing to attach the candy eyes, pink nose and chocolate sprinkle whiskers. Tweezers and/or toothpicks can come in handy when placing the nose and whiskers.
- Cut each marshmallow in half crosswise. Dip sticky side of the marshmallow in the pink colored sugar. Use a drop of Royal Icing to attach the bunny’s ears to treat.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Chelsea Lynn :: Maryksie :: Erika Hernandez :: LUNA C :: April V :: kittygirl :: bob :: Jenn :: Nancy :: E.W. K :: Dawn Richardson :: Hebba :: Hope :: Jerlynn H :: Debbie P :: Laura D :: Kelli :: Jan S :: [email protected] :: Tamara H