Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats
Prep time :
6 - 12 Easter Eggs depending on size of cookie cutter
- Rice Krispie® Treats (either homemade or store-bought)
- Royal Icing
- Food coloring
- Optional: Additional squeezable icings
- If making homemade, prepare Rice Krispies Treats.
- Using an egg shaped cookie cutter, cut Rice Krispie Treats into egg shapes. If using store-bought treats, you may have to place two treats side-by-side depending on the size of the cookie cutter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over treats and gently and evenly press down to flatten top. Do not flatten completely.
- Prepare royal icing. Seperate into bowls and tint colors based on your preference.
- Using white royal icing in a piping bag, cover top of Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treat completely. Leave about a 1/4" edge around the outside. Use a toothpick to gently push the icing all the way to the edge.
- Next, use different shades of royal icing (and different tips) to get creative with the Easter egg designs.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Crystal W :: Amy Kritzer :: Damarie :: karenachey :: JACALYN K :: Lillian :: spiers123 :: Denise K :: texarkanawilsons :: Darcy :: Serina Alvarez :: mhaynie4288 :: Kathy M :: JENNIFER :: mrgreen08 :: Edward T :: Cortney Scott :: ashley k :: Rick :: Karen Walsh