Cajun Rubbed Turkey Breast
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours
- 1 bone-in whole turkey breast (4 1/2-5 lbs), thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub with olive oil. Mix together sugar, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and thyme. Rub onto turkey. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place turkey, skin side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered 1 hour.
- Prepare glaze by placing vinegar in a small sauce pan. Add sugar and reduce to a syrup consistency. Add butter, a little at a time, whisking until incorporated. Brush turkey with glaze.
- Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 1 1/2 additional hours. Baste with remaining glaze during baking. Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: davlyn r :: Lisa N :: norma :: Jill Tubbs :: Mizz.Jackson :: Candance P :: vicki fivecoat :: Scissortail12 :: Christina D :: Barbara C :: Melissa Balandran :: Cindy :: Kb I :: Nancy :: Sarai Stine :: mg :: ashlie j :: patricia :: Cheri' Badley :: Lilly Pedraza