- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 6-8 slices kiwi
- Raspberry Sauce or Jam, if desired
- Boil cream, sugar and vanilla bean in a medium pot of medium low heat. Remove from heat and discard vanilla pod.
- Bloom gelatin in ice water, then add gelatin to cream.
- Add buttermilk to mixture and pass strain to remove any solids.
- Place a slice of kiwi in bottom of mold you are using; pour mixture into molds.
- Allow to set completely. Unmold and serve with raspberry sauce or heated raspberry jam so it looks like blood, if desired.
Note: A standard ramekin can be used for this recipe, or any silicone mold. A round, bowl shaped mold works best for the “eyeball” effect.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.