Chocolate Truffle Spiders
Prep time :
28 spiders (depending on amount of truffles used)
- 12 ounce package dark chocolate candy coating
- Handful of white rice grains
- 1 package black licorice wheels
- 1 package red gummy berries
- Make a batch of Chef Eddy's chocolate truffles, or use store-bought. If using our recipe, instead of rolling the truffle in cocoa powder, roll it in candy coating to create a hard outside shell.
- Cut black licorice wheels into 1.5 inch strips for the legs.
- Cut red raspberry gummy candy in half to form eyes. Use candy coating to adhere a small square of licorice for the center of the eye.
- On a piece of parchment paper, place a 1/2 inch dot of melted chocolate candy coating. Working quickly, place 4 licorice strips on the right and left side of the dot to form the legs of the spider.
- Place a chocolate truffle on top of the chocolate dot for the body of the spider.
- Use a small spot of chocolate candy coating to adhere the gummy eyes to your spider.
- Place to small grains of white rice under the eyes to form the fangs.
- Click the Play Recipe Video link above to watch Chef Eddy assemble these spiders.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rogerslady :: Carla :: marianela n :: Richard :: JEANNIE HOELLE :: Karen L :: dawn p :: Jacquelyn Kauffman :: Casey M :: karen :: Roxio :: Susan Center :: Kathy Melvin :: kateedye :: Dawn W :: Jackiejj :: John Pikula :: Ev2210 :: Norfa :: Joan C