- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For cookies, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg, fresh ginger and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and chill dough overnight
- Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness and cut into gingerbread men
- Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes.
- For icing, mix all ingredients using paddle attachment, about 10 minutes.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Pipe onto cooled cookies.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe created by Isabel Laessig @FamilyFoodie. Shared with permission.