Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
20 - 24 Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Black Icing Gel, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time and increase mixer speed to high. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place meringue mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe swirls on prepared baking sheet. Bake meringues until dry, roughly 1 hour. After an hour, turn off oven and allow meringues to dry completely in cooling oven.
- When cool, pipe eyes and mouths onto meringue ghosts with black icing gel. Keep stored in air-tight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lynnie S :: jpball :: LEE A CHEEKS :: Teresa :: selena :: MKJ2012 :: writerhelen :: JillS :: Kristen W :: Vero :: Felicia D :: elizamine :: ejfowler :: Christy Hogan :: Cheryl :: Steve :: Michelle :: Angela Rasberry-Shannon :: Anna :: Amanda Schuenaman S