Monster Munch Popcorn Snack Mix
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:20
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups pecans
- 2 cups assorted candy (candy corn, pumpkins, gummy worms etc...)
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable, peanut or canola oil to a large saucepan. Add a couple kernels of popcorn to oil to make sure it is hot enough. Once they pop, add powdered sugar and rest of popcorn kernels. Mix well, cover saucepan and shake pan.
- Once popping slows, remove pan from heat but continue shaking until popping stops. Set aside.
- Stir together boiling water, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, and a dash of cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to cook at a slow boil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or so, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in pecans.Let cool for a few minutes, then add vanilla, and continue to stir until pecans are evenly coated.
- Pour pecans onto a sheet of parchment paper. Separate nuts that have clumped together with a fork. Let cool. (NOTE:Pecans can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. )
- Mix kettle corn, candied pecans and assorted candy together.
- Place in decorative Halloween buckets, boxes or bags.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe created by Michelle Nahom @DISHOFDAILYLIFE. Shared with permission.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Kaicen :: GG1009 :: Demetrica H :: Lilly :: Natalie L :: Tami K :: Michele B :: Darlene C :: Kathy :: keen :: Robert Parker :: mram6958 :: karen l :: shannon :: Nancy :: Abigail Albert :: Heather T :: Michelle Q :: BegoñaFarizo :: Wanda Endicott