- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 full-size milk chocolate candy bars
- 12 ghost shaped marshmallows
- Optional: Black food coloring pen
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter an 8x8” pan. Line with parchment paper, letting the ends overlap. Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. Add in the egg and mix well. Stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Spread into the prepared pan, smooth the top evenly and bake until done, about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cover the top with the candy bars, breaking up the 4th bar to cover the cookie base completely. Top with 12 ghost-shaped marshmallows. (Place the ghosts face down, as the faces will melt under the broiler.)
- Move the top oven rack to the next to highest position (closer to the flame can cause the parchment to burn.) Set the oven to Lo Broil. Place the bars in the oven for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate is melty and marshmallows are golden. Let cool, then use the food coloring pen to add eyes and mouths to the ghosts. Lift out of the pan using the parchment overhang. Cut into bars. Serve warm or at room temperature.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.