- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Halloween décor (decorations as shown from Sur la Table)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Optional: Orange food color
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 24 muffin / cupcake cups or line with Halloween paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices and set aside.
- Beat oil and sugars until combined and add one egg. When well mixed in add remaining eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- In one step add dry ingredients and mix briefly until just combined. Fill muffin tins evenly 3/4 full and place in oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and remove from pans.
- Prepare frosting and make orange if desired. Fit a medium to large piping tip in a piping bag and pipe a spiral of frosting onto cupcakes.
- Decorate as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
To learn how to color buttercream frosting the right shade of black or orange, check out our Halloween Frosting recipe. Of if you want orange flavored icing, try our Orange Buttercream Frosting recipe.