Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2:00 to 2:30
One 9 or 10-inch cheesecake
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 5 large eggs
- 1 pound 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest (no white bitter pith)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pint berries for decoration as desired
- To make crust: Crush enough Graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 cup. Add melted butter and sugar and combine well. Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch diameter spring form pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes or golden. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- When springform pan is cool enough to handle place on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- This cheesecake can easily be made without use of a machine, just ensure that cheese is soft and at room temperature. If using a mixer only mix on lowest speed to prevent incorporation of air cells (air cells make cheesecake rise during baking and once removed from oven will make it fall and crack).
- To make cheesecake: Beat soft cream cheese and sugar on low speed until well blended and no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated, scrape bowl and beater in between additions.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Rinse blueberries and while still slightly wet toss in flour to coat blueberries. Add blueberries and pour batter into the springform pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about an inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping the sides of pan, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of the cheesecake and cut into desired size.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
TIP: Cheesecakes cook from the outside in. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. When the center no longer trembles your cheesecake should be ready.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Michelle :: timtam :: Chef Nana :: FranJohn :: bookiedoo :: weurbina :: April Finnerty :: Patricia P :: Barbara Wuest :: mspattijo :: Chef linda :: Brenda S :: Kristine Fendrick :: Carol D :: s d :: Margaret S :: Terri H :: dqquilter :: JJ :: Debra W