- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coconut or almond extract
- 2 tablespoons fine grated orange zest, no white bitter pith
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fine grated orange zest
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan, set aside.
- Cream butter until creamy, add sugar and cream further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape in between additions. Cream until light and fluffy. Add extract and orange zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add 1/4 of flour and combine, add 1/3 of orange juice and combine. Repeat with flour and juice until all is incorporated. Stir in coconut.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake for approximately 70-80 minutes or until center bounces back when gently pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake becomes too dark cover with foil.
- Let sit 10 minutes. Place a serving dish on top of baking pan and quickly turn upside down. Remove pan and cover with plastic food film. Let cool.
- For glaze, whisk together ingredients and pour on cooled cake.