Bananas Foster French Toast Bake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:45 to 0:50
- 8 cups 1-inch French bread cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 medium bananas, peeled, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread cubes in bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with a wire whisk until combined. Pour over bread.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add bananas.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes; stir in brown sugar and rum extract. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Pour over bread cubes; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve with maple syrup or whipping cream, if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: af :: Ruth :: Mary H :: Robin P :: Jennifer F :: D M :: betty garza :: fatima u :: ChefPatt :: kristen blanchard :: Esmer Pruneda :: Cynthia Herring :: Pamela C :: Deborah S :: Jennifer V :: Charlean S :: Louise :: Darla Jan :: yasir dynamite :: Liliana R