- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk, cold
- 2 pouches Redi-Measure or 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Honey as desired
- Optional: 1/2 cup pecan pieces
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Quickly cut first listed cold butter in small even cubes and combine with flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk at once and mix until dough just starts to form together. Do not over mix!
- Remove from bowl and gently press dough together to make it better combined. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface about the same size as a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with half the brown sugar and all the cinnamon. Roll dough as a jelly roll. Cut in 12 even pieces.
- Pour melted butter in a 9 inch round pan and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Pour a few tablespoons of honey on top of sugar and sprinkle with pecans.
- Place rolls in pan and place in oven.
- Bake until pale golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Unmold when warm and serve with additional honey.