Tropical Quinoa Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup dried sweetened chopped mango
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened chopped pineapple
- 1 recipe granola (above)
- 4 cups favorite yogurt (thicker yogurt such as Greek works well)
- 4 cups assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine oats, quinoa, coconut and nuts.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over oats mixture; mix lightly until combined.
- Pour mixture onto a foil-lined lightly greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring mixture every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool. Store in a tightly covered container if not using immediately.
- Prepare parfaits by layering parfait or dessert glasses with granola, fruit and yogurt.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Turn breakfast into a parfait bar by placing granola, yogurt and fruit in individual serving bowls. Let everyone grab a spoon and layer their favorites into fun and festive parfait glasses!
Cook’s Tip: If quinoa is not available use 4 cups old fashioned oats. May substitute almonds for macadamia nuts, if desired.